As part of our commitment to working with parents as partners, Wu Kai Sha Kindergarten offers a number of workshops during the year to parents. These are delivered by teaching staff and sometimes by outside providers, to allow parents to develop further understanding of our programme and relevant issues concerning early childhood development.
PARENT WORKSHOP SCHEDULE 2017/2018
- 29/08/17: ESF Y1 Admissions Presentation (Christopher Coyle)
- 19/09/17: Power Struggles & Positive Language at Home (Marie Marchand)
- 10/10/17: Exploring the PYP in the Early Years (Helen Thomson)
- 24/10/17: Let's Get Them Talking – Developing Children’s Speech & Language (Christopher Coyle & Christine Ainsworth)
- 14/11/17: Outdoor Learning (Helen Thomson & Kerry Ngao)
- 21/11/17: Engaging with Nature (Helen Brighton)
- 16/01/18: Early Reading Development (Helen Thomson)
- 30/01/18: Supporting Children's Writing Development (Aylin Kip & Claire Harper)
- 13/02/18: Mathematics in the Early Years (Laura Dehm)
- Registration available from 05/02/18 at the school office
- 27/02/18: Supporting English as an Additional Language (Helen Thomson)
- Registration available from 12/02/18 at the school office
- 24/04/18: Engaged Attention & Learning (Christine Ainsworth & Linsay Irvine)
- Registration available from 26/03/18 at the school office
STAY & PLAY SESSIONS
Stay and Play sessions take place during the school day and are an opportunity to learn about a particular topic, followed by demonstration and practise in the classroom.
- 12/10/2017 & 25/10/2017: The Value of Sensory Play & How to Make Your Own Playdough
- 08/11/2017: Fine Motor Development
- 17/01/2018: Cooking with Children
To register for these workshops, please contact the school office. We do hope you find these useful. If there are areas of the curriculum or other subjects that you would welcome a workshop or information session on, please do let us know.
WORKSHOP RESOURCES & PRESENTATIONS
You can find a copy of workshop resources and presentations below: